Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Company - most needed, perhaps!

One's life changes in more than one way, when one lives with company.


A while ago, I used to live this 'give-a-damn-about-anything' life, where nothing seemed like a big deal. Watching 3 movies a week used to be a minimum requirement. Back to back movies and regular midnight shows used to be more than habitual. For the last three years, I could almost count the number of fridays I would not have gone to the movie theatre. One could bet and spot me at a Loews/AMC on any friday somewhere between 8pm and 12am.

Now, for the past 2 months I have seen 2 movies - UP and Hangover. It would be funny if I attempt to say I was busy. I was not.

A while ago, eating out regularly in restaurants has been a norm in my life. Thanks to kavitha, not many restaurants in Phili area has been left out. During normal workdays, I used to have breakfast at dunkin, lunch at subway/Chipotle/Quiznos/Pizzeria and dinner once again at Subway/Chipotle/Quiznos/Pizzeria. I have spent months not visiting my kitchen.

Now, for the past 2 months I have harldy eaten out more than 10 times. It would be funny if I attempt to say I was cooking. I was not.

A while ago, sleeping in the evening hours used to be a mandatory activity like bathing and eating. I used to come home from work and sleep away to glory for about 4 to 5 hours. I wake up in time for my offshore call, yak for about half hour and then watch tv/talk on phone/browse for the next 3 to 4 hours. I used to hit the bed around 3am. Weekends are only worser.

Now, for the past 2 months I would have slept in the evening hours maybe twice and I goto bed not later than 1 am. It would be funny if I attempt to say I have changed my habits. I have not.

A while ago, I used to write blogs without recursively typing the same stuff over and over. I used to write one line movie reviews. I used to write short stories. I used to post comments on fellow bloggers blogposts. I used to tweet more often.

Now, for the past 2 months I write the same type of sentences over and over in a single blog (like this one). I can't control my laughter if I attempt to say I'm trying something different. I am not.

I have my parents with me. I don't miss movies. I dont miss abnormal sleeping habit. I dont miss being active in the web. Yet, I feel good. I'm happier.

One's life changes in more than one way, when one lives with company.

8 comments:

maxdavinci said...

background theme meesik 'ennaku oru gurlfrendu' from boys.

Now I'll read the post again!

RukmaniRam said...

maxu's comment ore funny.

yeah man, being alone screws u in more ways than you'd like. except the one way u'd prefer.

Gradwolf said...

looks like this is a cue to something!

Idling in Top Gear said...

Lol at the comments.

And damn, I miss chipotle!

Ranjani said...

awww:) Make the most of it!

Anonymous said...

dey, sollavardha theliva solla maatiya?

I said...

Why should you feel happier about this??

Anonymous said...

compared strategies property remark reusability possess intersect formerly sequel skill cornier
servimundos melifermuly