Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Karate kid...

The movie starts like the tamil movie Anjali, moves on slowly like Kung Fu panda and then creates a style of its own leaving the viewers excited most of the time. The movie has quite a lot of humorous moments (having Jackie Chan in the movie and well thought out scenes). Jackie chan has played a different role, commendably well done. It gave me a feeling as if he was looking to perform such a role for a long time now. Will Smith's son, I'm sure has a great acting career ahead of him. Just like in Pursuit of Happiness, he has the charm of fitting to any role he plays.

The movie showcases a lot of chinese culture and a lot of kung fu (both of which I attribute to the Jackie Chan effect). Like many sports movies, this one ends with a nicely sequenced Kung Fu tournament where our hero wins closely.

It is certainly one of the awesomest and 'feel good' movies I have seen in the recent times!

P.S: And if you see a black kid doing some kung fu moves on the streets, he probably watched this movie very recently!

3 comments:

Preeti said...

Definitely an awesome and super feel good movie! Enjoyed every minute of it...a must watch for everybody - bad day or not :)

Unknown said...

"It is certainly one of the awesomest and 'feel good' movies I have seen in the recent times" - I guess you have seen "SURA" .. and that has pushed you this comment :)

Bala said...

I became fan of jaden.. after watching this... I recommended one and all in my home to watch this....
Will smith at the age of 12 :-)
Adutha Thalaivar ready... !!!!!