Monday, December 3, 2007

Four-Line Stories...

I have read here and here about 55-word stories. The concept of writing short stories with exactly 55 words. I was kind of attracted towards that idea. But two things stopped me - firstly, I did not want to copy the same idea and secondly, I'm too impatient to count the words of my stories to be 55 words exactly! So, I thought about writing stories in exactly 4 lines. This is my first attempt in writing such short stories and I'm planning to write a few more, atleast till I find this idea boring(for you and for me!).

Here we go - my first one:

Confused IT guy:

He waited to go onsite.
He was sent on a short trip.
He spent the first day, missed home food, friends and family.
He waited to go offshore.

My second one:
Confused IT guy - 2nd part:

He waited to go offshore.
He was sent back.
He spent the first day, missed the cool climate, easy commute and the work culture.
He waited to go onsite.

2 comments:

anantha said...

I'm too impatient to count the words of my stories to be 55 words exactly!

Five words for you - MS Word's word count feature.

Thanks for linking to me.

Arun Sundar said...

:)

Oh yaa, MS word word count feature...this impatience to count was just a reason...the real reason is the first one - just trying to be a li'l indigenous!